Location of the Hotel Ruinas, Cusco:
The Hotel Ruinas is located in the city of Cusco, only two blocks away from the Plaza de Armas (Main Square), in the historical, monumental and commercial center, 10 minutes by car from the Velasco Astete International Airport.
Walking, you can get to:
- The Plaza de Armas, where you will be able to admire the Cathedral and the Company of Jesus Church
- The Incan Temple of the Sun or Koricancha
- San Francisco Square and the Santa Clara Church
- The traditional San Blas Neighborhood; the craftsmen’s cradle (one block away).
On a longer walk or by car, you can visit:
- The Archaeological Complex of Sacsayhuaman, 40 minutes of uphill walking and 15 minutes by car, along with Qenko, Puca Pucara and Tambo Machay.
View Hotel Ruinas in a larger map
Local Temperatures and Other Characteristics:
The weather is relatively cool. The average annual temperature fluctuates between 10.3 ° C and 13 ° C (50.54 ° and 52.34 ° Fahrenheit). There is some uniformity in temperature between summer and winter. Usually it's cold at night and during the early morning temperature increases considerably until noon. On sunny days the temperature reaches 20 ° C.
The altitude in Cusco is located and its proximity to Ecuador generates a variety of climates in which there are two seasons:
- The rainy season lasts from November to February or March. The average annual rainfall ranges from 600 to 1000 mm.
- The dry season, February or March through October. During June and July temperature frequently drops to 5 ° or 7 ° C (23 ° or 19.4 ° F) and can even reach below freezing.
- over 1,000 mm. year
- Maximum: about 25 °
- Medium: between 15 ° and 20 °
- Low: around 10 °